Wednesday, July 8, 2009

still living in chaos.......




sometimes I wonder if it will ever end......... but I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.






When I started this blog I thought I would be posting every week to keep up with the changes.
Some days I feel like I am moving at warp speed and then there are days I don't know why I turn on the compressor;
which has become a permanent fixture in the kitchen. Wondering if I can hook the blender or food processor to it.






I bought this lovely bookcase from Macy's (photo on the left) in April only to find a huge crack in the "solid" oak veneer on top of chip board.
This bookcase was not cheap, $1300 for chip board. After living with the bookcase for 6 weeks, as that is how long it took
Macy's to deliver and pick up, we decided we liked it. Liked it enough I decided to build one.

The photo on the right is the one I am currently building. The cost; $104.00 and two good days of work. On a good note, it matches all the other trim in the kitchen. Not sure if I will put glass doors on it yet but it give us huge storage options.
My carpenter skills are getting better but still not great as I usually end up building things two or three times but then again I still have all my fingers!
For a potter this is huge!

The last 18 days I have managed to put up a pot rack made from copper tubing from the hardware dept. of Lowes, buy
hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators but hire someone else to install it, put the porch up, plaster and paint the living room and dinning room, paint the hallway window, buy new rugs from Overstock.com , pick up new chandeliers for dining room and hallway and build this awesome bookcase.






with so much chaos in the house; one walk outside leads you to the gardens........ and ahhhhhhh
the lilies are blooming and scenting the yard with perfume. Life is good and I am sure the chaos will end soon.