Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Moon is in Aries ....pew-pew-pew!

Hello deep January.  

The penetrating cold and darkness is seeping into my old bones and although I waited, dreamed and waxed poetically about these January days last August, I'm kind of over it.  Just a week into freezing my ass off, schlepping wood, and snot freezing to my face, I realize it takes longer to suit up for one of Kirby's constitutionals than the actual walk and pee.  The wind has been relentless, 60 mph gusts and 40 mph sustained, the studio hasn't been above 40F this entire week.   



The January rampage begins....... dentist appointments and taxes!  All in one day.  So happy I do not need to return to the dentist for another 6 months but I always walk away thinking; is this the best they can do?  Poke, poke, poke, x-ray and then the cleaning!  Well, Mrs Miller, we are using the new water turboblaster to get the plaque off your teeth.  ( My inside voice; shit, why not a weedwacker. ). I hate the dentist, but even more the hygienist!  Not only are you going to touch me, you are going to touch the inside of my mouth!  Then for this rollicking good time they will now extract so many $$$ from my bank account. 

 Laying prone in the tipped back chair with blood rushing to my brain while being sprayed with high powered dentist juice, I have a moment of clarity.  For what this is costing I could fly to France, sit on Seine River, sip a bowl of  bouillabaisse while sucking down a bottle of french wine with a straw (no teeth needed)!  Alas, while in my delusional state, a lightening bolt of pain hurls to my brain and I hear; "you have a lot of exposed nerve tissue down here".  Just a suggestion, maybe a bit of warm water or no water (why cold water?) and back out of my oral cavity Hilda because you cannot clean my teeth while I'm on the ceiling! Hey and what happened to spitting?  Now they suck everything out, including your sinuses and uvula.  That hay hook hanging out the side of my mouth, has enough suction it could have pumped out and saved the Titanic while it was going down.  It is not better than the days of rinse and spit.  Now Mrs Miller just close your mouth and just like that the few brain cells I have left are gone, sucked through the hose.  

Dear God, I hate leaving the compound.  
An hour later I was home downing a couple aspirin and talking to my therapy dog, Kirby.  Suited up, braced for the subzero weather and took Kirby back to check on the chickens.  The chickens finally ventured out of the coop and were snuggled into a pile of straw and not peep could be heard.  

It's been such a banner day, let's just sit down and hammer out the state sales tax, due next week.  If you're going to have a bad day, have a really bad day.  I am totaled out for 2023, proving once again, I need to stop doing shows.  However after sending in my sales tax and getting my seed bill for the year, I seriously need to get to work or get a job!

The good news; I found the top of my desk! 


Found my way back to the studio.....
 


and started seeds!
Patterson and Alisa Craig onions, Leeks,
Heshiko and Blushing bunching onions. 
This is 2023 seed and I am curious to see how viable this seed will be.  I still have time to plant 
fresh seed in case this seed doesn't germinate. 



After my last war and peace blog I am vowing to write shorter blogs more often. 


The Iowa Caucus did not help my frame of mind when I sat down to write this blog..... 






 

6 comments:

  1. So my inspiring friend, you made me buy a warming mat for my modest seed starts. And you are my companion in wild gardens for the birds and bees. Just think, it is now closer to February than to January 1st. So you've done some good this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I love the warming mat on cold days to rise bread. (it works on the gluten free too!) Here's to more flowers, bees, birds and backyard gardens in 2024! Living large for Monday, the cold snap is supposed to end. Stay warm my friend :)

      Delete
  2. Keep on inspiring us..but yes, shorter blogposts more often sounds good!!
    Your hygienist sounds brutal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gz! Thank you for the input!! Ya, not a fan of the hygienist, sheesh!

      Delete
  3. Oh Mistress of Snark please don't change too much. Although snark in shorter bursts could be interesting.
    I swear some hygienists get off on working as though they are mining in granite. I did have one who was gentle and efficient. She retired.
    Google for some reason all its own will not let me into my account...I am Suzi (Smartcat)....and yes it's cold but still not as bad a s some years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzi!! I can only post under my name on my computer, doesn't work on my phone or ipad, so frustrating! LOL short snarks, love it! mining for granite is spot on although I love if a few diamonds fell out. We desperately needed a blast of extended cold, not sure I needed it this cold (this morning -2 with wind). I was dreading the insect explosion next Spring if we didn't get it. Now we need a lot more snow, haven't had nearly enough this year to keep things insulated. Well it is only January and there is still a bit of winter to go! Stay warm Samrtcat :)

      Delete