Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Paine Falls Urban Chicken Wranglers unite!



Did someone say CHICKENS?

Had our first meeting of the Paine Falls Urban Chicken Wranglers last night. Right around
the kitchen table with the wood stove going. Pouring over seed catalogs, talking about chickens, sharing garden stuff we have learned, looked like a library. We drank herb tea while ooooo-ing and ahhhhhh-ing over the possibilities of what might come. Had a great time!! We all said we are soooooooo doing this again but with garden food! I made god awful coconut dream bars as I worked in the studio until 6 p.m. and the Wrangler-ettes were showing up at 7 p.m.!!! Walked in and started a pot of chili for the family and dream bars for the girls. Table cleared and dreams bar out by 7:02 p.m. when Anne Lamb pulled in the driveway...... drank my special blend of oat-straw, horsetail and mint tea to calm my inner self. Gail said she felt like the Witches of Eastwick! and wouldn't you know it Butch walked through the door....... no Jack Nicholson but he will do in a pinch! We broke up around 9:45 p.m. and I sent dream bars home with Anne, yet there is still half a pan sitting on the counter. Guess what a yummy breakfast I had....... back on the treadmill.

Rousted daughter #2 at 10 am and announced she needed to review the bus schedule for Lakeland. SHOCKING! Her first class is 12:30 p.m. and the schedule is on line. Rolled over and went back to sleep. I was on the treadmill and cleaned the kitchen, also made a fresh pot of coffee for little miss sunshine........ talk about ugly in the morning! Shessh! The bus she needed to be on left at 11:00 am from the top of the hill. Weather is nasty today and told her I would give her a ride to the bus stop, 1/2 mile walk up the hill. Explained it was $1.75 one way and she needed exact change.
She can buy a 10 ride ticket at Lakeland, DO IT.
Pounding away on the treadmill I am watching the minutes tick away and it's now 10:55 am. Arghhhhh!!! The car has been warming up and you have exactly 30 seconds to get in the car or you are going to be in the homeless shelter by tonight. The words coasting down the stairs.......... You have to take me to school and you can't kick me out! I was waiting for the; I HATE YOU! but it didn't get blurted out, not even by me.
At 10:58 she was looking for her shoes and I was somewhat mad but remarkably calm as I announced ....... Honey, this is your life, my house, and you have no time to pour coffee for your big phat fabulous life! grrrr..... I have channeled my parents!
We were in the car by 10:59 am and explained if she missed this bus she was going to miss her class and hope she had a plan "B". We rolled to a stop, she silently got out, slammed the door and got on the wrong bus.
Oh dinner is going to be sa-weet tonight!