Sunday, September 14, 2014

gett'n there.......


Moving and packing is in full swing! 
  Thankfully Fall arrived in the last few days!  This morning we were in the 40's and can I just say how happy I am about this change?!  Fall ushers in time for more books on CD, hunkering down, checking the wood pile, blowing the dust off my noodle rod for steelhead season, the soup pot is sitting on the counter after disappearing last May, noticing the color of the trees, checking out my knitting needles and yarn supply, hearing the pipes on the occasional diehard Harley rider zooming past the house, knowing the chickens are having their final days and the pig has already been processed.  Hearing the geese 24/7 and flying so low I think I could reach up and touch their soft, snowy, grey underbellies but when they fly at night in the shadows of the moon some primal switch flips in my soul,  and the switch flipped Friday night.  

So back to packing...... 
 This has seemed never ending and what makes me laugh, every single packing container I own has been filled.  Yesterday I unpacked in the new space and now home re-loading the empty containers.  I have a lot of inventory and clearly have not been out selling many pots this year.   Everything must go out, each pot walked around, surveyed and then some taken away.... or it just looks like a garage sale! 




Today I am home, building more fixtures and hopefully moving them in tonight, under cover of darkness.  Feels like I'm being chased by a pack of rabid monkeys as the count down to tomorrow morning begins.  No munchies after 10 p.m.  clear liquids allowed until 7 a.m.  Thankfully I can gulp a cup of black coffee in the morning.  Got the iPod charged and filled with my favorite tunes and going out dancing in my head :) 
I questioned the universe when all this stuff fell into place and I had no control over any of these dates as 2014 dragged on.  Now as I roll through the hours of the last few days I am convinced the universe knows me better than I will ever know self.  I've had no time to worry about the surgery or even the upcoming soft opening.  There is just the very long to-do list I am trying to check off systematically and let the chips fall where they may as I am doing the very best I can...... that is a really good feeling! 

5 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking about you, sending good energy your way
    Xo
    I gave my life up to the Universe this year, I felt like I had no control at all. But I'm thinking about taking it back! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey...... doesn't if feel like we are clawing our way out of this?

    and remember ...... dancing is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't growing older fun? Yeah, so is dentistry!
    I'll keep you in my thoughts as I am having a crown done tomorrow. Knowing those who have had knee surgery, they all say the same thing. Initially, the pain is rotten, but once you heal you will wonder why you waited so long!
    All the very best wishes for you!



    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with the new venture...sell plenty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. busy is often a good thing... keeps our minds from worrying. best of luck with the surgery. i am sure you will be back on your feet in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete